INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: No stereo sound in 5.1; No DSD multichannel in "source number of channels"  (Read 3775 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No stereo sound in 5.1; No DSD multichannel in "source number of channels"
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 07:12:35 am »

whoareyou - Your post confirms that at least some newer NVIDIA HDMI systems support 88 and 176 KHz sample rates. I had updated my previous post to reflect that. That support was added maybe 2 years ago. Historically, it was a known problem.

In general, Intel hardware with Microsoft drivers usually does not support 88 or 176 KHz over HDMI. I am not sure the new IRIS graphics system has changed that.  It is hard to find information on the new Iris system, but it may not fully support 44.1 KHz multichannel.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Re: No stereo sound in 5.1; No DSD multichannel in "source number of channels"
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 08:14:33 am »

Yes I agree.  And even some older high quality USB DACs do not support what are now considered common sampling rates.  I constantly ran into these issues.

If everything else is working I'd call it a day, and set JRiver to something that worked (but that's just me).  Still seems as though there is some simple explanation for why foobar or Roon DOES work.  Perhaps those apps are converting behind the scenes?  I don't know enough about those apps to say one way or another how their conversions are handled.

I suppose there is one other thing that @awatkins can try, and that is to eliminate HDMI and use Oppo as DLNA renderer. 

Not sure that would work with what he is ultimately trying to achieve.

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up