INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Library Creates list of 'Unknown Artist' single song albums  (Read 332 times)

jamesemucc

Hi,
Currently trialing JRiver and attempting to import a library of music stored in folders as follows-
Music>Artist>Album>Songs
        >Artist>Album>Songs
          etc....

Odd thing occurred when importing the library, MC27 took the first song off every album and created a 'Unknown Artist' album and also created all the albums from song 2 to song X separately.
I have had a look around the forum for a solution, or a reason, but nothing seems to match with my problem.
If I look at the unknown track, the cover art and file path matches the album containing all the rest of the songs, but it's been automatically separated during the import process??
Is there a set-up required before the import process to get the result of complete albums transferred together as they were stored/copied onto the computer originally?
From reading the forum, I understand the concept of metadata grouping rather than file grouping, but don't know how to easily solve moving 960 odd albums and moving the missing track (Song 1) back into the rest of the album.

All help greatly appreciated, James

PS, was a Windows media player user until I upgraded the system to something worth listening to in detail, all files are FLAC and sound wonderful through my set up now, but if the first song is a favourite, i've got to go and find it in a massive list of unknowns....
Pages: [1]   Go Up