INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videos not appearing under artists  (Read 565 times)

jshowalter

• Recent member
Videos not appearing under artists
« on: February 01, 2021, 11:41:25 am »

I have some mp4 files from youtube and put them under a directory structure like this:

Pop-> Leah McFall -> Videos -> file1.mp4, file2.mp4, etc.

That's the same directory structure used for other file types (same number of levels), so I expected to see an "album" called "Videos", with the various *.mp4 files under that as if they are tracks.

But when I import Leah McFall, nothing happens. It imports 0 files.

I have mp4 set as one of the file types JRiver is supposed to recognize.

Any idea why this isn't working?

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Videos not appearing under artists
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 09:36:37 pm »

Videos are imported under "Video" [Medua Type]

Your album view is likely filters only "Audio" [Media Type]

There are ways to make MC do what you want. Several ways i can think of. Thats the beauty of MC - customization ... and also its beast - steap learning curve.

Personally ... i would import those mp4 as Video ... then set [Media Sub Type] to reflect what video it is, ie "Music Video" or "Karaoke" (can use these later ti create filters for just karaoke or music video)

I would tag those mp4 to set Album, Artist, etc (dont think MC can do this automatically for music videos ... i could be wrong though as never tried it)

I would then create view identical to your current Album View and include media sybtype karaoke and music video.
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

jshowalter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 10:26:34 am »

Thank you! Can I add video as a supported type to the default Album view?

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 07:19:10 am »

Sorry ... been busy to follow up on this ... as i never tested this did not want to post speculation

So after playing a bit ... you can see result in attached picture

Here is what I did:

1. I keep all music video is a separate folder

2. I created an auto import rule [Tools]->[Import...]->[Configure Auto Import]->[Add] ... here I chose to import only videos ... added folder with my music videos ... and specify in [Apply these tags (optional)] to tag "Media Sub Type" as "Music Video"

with this I just add music video to that special folder ... MC imports them and automatically tag them as "Music Video"

3. Now to create view ... I did not want to mess with default MC views, so I create a new one "Music"

[View]->[Add View]->[Add Library View...] ... I chose "Albums" schema as it is what you wanted ... put [Name] to "Music" (you can call this whatever you want of course) ... and put [Location] to "(Root)"

If you open newly created view - it will be exactly as Album view under Audio ... with no music videos

4. To add music videos - right click on new view and choose [Customize View...] ... then [Settings]->[...Set rules for file display...]

Here create 2 rules [Media Type] is "Audio; Video"  and [Media Sub Type] is "<empty>; Music Video"

This accounts for default MC behavior where audio is imported as [Media Type]="Audio" and [Media Sub Type]="<empty>"

and we already set music videos as [Media Type]="Video" and [Media Sub Type]="Music Video"

You might need to change this, depending on your use of [Media Sub Type] for audio

5. Now your new view will include Music Video ... as MC does not search meta data for Music Video ... your imported music videos will be under "Unassigned" group

go there and tag your music videos with usual audio tags [Artist], [Album], [Genre], [Date], [Track#], [Name]

Now your music videos will be group under album name you specified. Right click on that album and choose [Cover Art] to load cover art for that album

6. To make this consistent with rest of albums

(a.) choose your music video album ... you will see sub view appear that list your tracks as thumbnails (instead of usual "Detail" view for audio albums)

click on small triangle above thumbnails view to show options ... and choose [list Style]->[Details]

(b.) you will also noticed that cover art for the music video album is like a "fan" of pictures

click on small triangle above album view to show options ... and choose [Thumbnails] and uncheck [Show fanned thumbnails]

... this is it

... there are other ways of doing this ... but thats for you to explore if you not happy with this method ... dont be shy to ask questions, someone will surely help in this forum

[/list]
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Manfred

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 06:07:55 am »

I use this a lot:

I have created under Videos the following views (configured also in Theater View and JRemote):

- Modern (Pop, Rock, Jazz etc.) (Subgenre, Artist, Media Sub Type, Name)
  Rules: Media Type is Video, Grouping is Modern; Jazz
- Artist (Artist, Media Sub Type, Name, Version)
  Rules: Media Type is Video Grouping is Jazz, Modern
- Classical (Subgenre, Artist, Media Sub Type, Name)
  Rules: Media Type is Video, Genre contains Music, Grouping is Classical

Get Movie & TV Info gives in 90% of my music concerts back : genre= music so I used the grouping attribute to identify classical, Non Music etc.

Extras are Backsatge Documentations etc.

I have attached a screen shot:
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )
Pages: [1]   Go Up