INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Editor Question  (Read 683 times)

net23

• Recent member
Smartlist Editor Question
« on: February 07, 2021, 06:25:11 am »

Hi! Recently started getting into playing around with Smartlists and I've a question.

If I wanted a Smartlist to have a rule that selected songs that the "Name" contained the words "beat" or "jump" and my expected result would be a list of all songs in the library where the name field contained either the whole word "beat" or the whole word "jump" how would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist Editor Question
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 06:55:04 am »

Hi! Recently started getting into playing around with Smartlists and I've a question.

If I wanted a Smartlist to have a rule that selected songs that the "Name" contained the words "beat" or "jump" and my expected result would be a list of all songs in the library where the name field contained either the whole word "beat" or the whole word "jump" how would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

The closest you can get is to is set up a Smartlist which has 2 rules the 1st one being "Name contains beat" and the 2nd one being "Name contains jump". Unfortunately it will include any tracks where either of those 2 phrases/words occur; i.e. it will include things like "jumping to the beat".

Once you have done that click on the left hand edge of the from beside the 1st rule and a ( should appear then click in the gap before the X button alongside the second rule and a ) should appear.

Then just run the smartlist whenever you want to.

Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

net23

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 08:47:15 am »

Nope. When I do that, say for example 2 rules, one which says name contains "war", and the other name contains "peace" then the list returns the only song that has both words in it's name...

What I'm looking for is how to get the OR in that so that if the name contains either "war" or "peace" then it will return all songs that have either word in their name.

Thanks.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 08:56:31 am »

Please read the posted solution again and look closely at the screenshot. You need to make those 2 parenthesis show up on your Smartlist. Curved parenthesis "( ... )" create an OR clause, while squared brackets "[ ... ]" create an AND.

Alternatively, click on the Import/Export button an enter:
([Name]="beat" or [Name]="jump")

net23

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 09:58:12 am »

Aha! Thank you so much, sorry I did not notice! Cheers!

wer

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 01:19:23 pm »

Unfortunately it will include any tracks where either of those 2 phrases/words occur; i.e. it will include things like "jumping to the beat".

This isn't really correct.

The search language has long included the ability to match whole words only ("jump" but not "jumping") but itnwas tricky to use because the wizard/editor dialog broke such expressions.

That has been fixed.  As of 27.0.56, the editor now includes an option "includes whole word".

Using that with the proper use of parentheses will get you exactly what you want.

Dorsai

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 08:02:16 am »

Greetings,

I'm trying to compose a Smartlist of Albums which have three or more songs rated 4 or higher.

It's probably just me, but I can't figure out how to do this; therefore, I have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,
Dorsai

zybex

• MC Beta Team
Pages: [1]   Go Up