INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC displays stupid series cover art instead of mine?  (Read 405 times)

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC displays stupid series cover art instead of mine?
« on: February 07, 2021, 02:12:01 pm »

I painfully download movie/ series 'posters' to use as the cover art for my video.

Sometime back, MC started displaying it's own 'cover art' for my series instead of what I have set.
MC choice is rather cheesy looking and has rather large 'Season 1, Season 2' graphics.

When I look at the individual file, my selected and set image appears as the cover art.
When I look at the 'season' the inferior MC-set image is shown.

I have tried many options in Cover Art to change back to my cover art but it appears the MC-selected image is NOT tied to Cover Art.
I don't know where they come from, but I want them gone.

Please help.   

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC displays stupid series cover art instead of mine?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 08:47:42 pm »

For series and seasons, MC stores cover in

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\Cover Art\Series
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\Cover Art\Seasons

replace the images you don't like in those folders with yours ... observe proper naming structure of those images

EDIT: cover arts MC displays are not stupid ... it is loaded from TheMovieDB ... you can improve this by contributing to TheMovieDB
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 12:52:12 am »

Thank you for the response.
I am trying to figure out if I can just delete these images in the folders you mention and maybe MC would rebuild with my cover art.

Sometimes it uses my cover art and other times it shows these auto downloaded images.

Sorry if 'Stupid' was an insensitive way to refer to the images that were auto downloaded and displayed.
Sometimes the image is the 'official' image from the BluRay/DVD box or the promotional material - which I like. 

Quite often though, the image that MC displays is amateurish.
It is an 'official' image that someone has blazed 'Season One etc. etc.' in a large mismatched font across the image in a mismatched color.
It screams lowest-effort photoshop job and I find it distracting.

For instance, for the old western series 'Have gun will travel', the image MC displays for Seasons is a low-res pixelated rook chess piece with series title and season number in odd generic fonts.
The image I have is one of the series star in an action pose with the Series name in the font the series used.

Another instance, in the modern SYFY show 'The Expanse' season 1, the image that MC sets is something weird and odd.
The image I have is the widely known artistic promo image of the girl floating in space.

--
I painstakingly search, find and set the image that I want as the cover art of each show.
I would like that to be displayed as the 'season'.
I am trying to figure out a simple way for MC NOT to show images the program has auto downloaded for 'seasons'.

I would like for MC NOT to auto download and use another image.

Am I missing a 'checkbox' somewhere where I asked to auto download these images?
Is there any way that I can have MC NEVER search a source/auto download and set the image for series/season?

mattlauck

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:17:57 am »

Thanks again!

Once the image was deleted from the 'Seasons' folder, my cover art images were then used - just like I wanted.

I just renamed the 'Seasons' folder to something else and all was fixed.

Is there a way so MC does not auto download again and set?

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 03:04:59 am »

Thanks again!

Once the image was deleted from the 'Seasons' folder, my cover art images were then used - just like I wanted.

I just renamed the 'Seasons' folder to something else and all was fixed.

Is there a way so MC does not auto download again and set?

Check those folders again ... i am pretty sure (not 100%, but pretty sure) that MC created those folder back if you rename or delete them ... and put images you like there :)

For me, if MC somehow did not load my images ... i just go to those folders and manually replace them with what i want and then go back to MC right click on the image I replace and rebuild thumbnail just to be sure

Sorry if my response to "stupid" seems a bit strong ... it was not intended that way ... TheMovieDB is community project with ppl uploading stuff to make it better ... was hoping to get you onboard :) ... if everyone do a little it will someday surpass TheTVDB for which unfortunately you need to pay now (which i totally understand .... but still sad about it)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up