INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dialogues which don't resize to fit the available resolution  (Read 382 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Dialogues which don't resize to fit the available resolution
« on: October 24, 2020, 05:59:04 am »

There are numerous dialogs that don't resize properly when they don't fit in the resolution, I don't have an exhaustive list, just the ones I tend to use and have noticed:

* the "Category" dialog used when adding fields to views (e.g. Options > Theatre View > select some leaf node > click "Add" button on the right to add a field for further filtering): cannot be maximised and hence you lose access to both the dialog buttons (to click OK) and any fields towards the bottom of the dialog
* DSP Studio > Output Format: has no scrolling so cuts off the bottom of the dialog
* "Manage Library Fields": this one can be maximised but has a similar problem to output format in that the rendering at the bottom goes wrong as there is no scroll bar

Generally speaking it seems to behave like the dialog box UI widget has no clue about screen size and/or no ability to render a scroll bar.

For reference, Win 8.1 machine at 1080p with Windows at 150% view scaling (i.e. equivalent to 720p resolution which is fairly small these days but not outrageously so, seems like budget laptop territory to me so I'd still expect MC to be useable on such a display)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Dialogues which don't resize to fit the available resolution
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 02:13:21 pm »

We'll make this change to the next build:
Changed: The "Category" library field dialog is sizable.

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: Dialogues which don't resize to fit the available resolution
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 05:14:50 am »

the remove/move/copy dialog is another one, you can see the find & replace but bottom left goes missing
Pages: [1]   Go Up