INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: issue with read only error message when tagging in version 27.66  (Read 344 times)

Oz1701

issue with read only error message when tagging in version 27.66
« on: February 17, 2021, 10:36:16 pm »

Recently purchased media center 27.52 as an upgrade to 26. All was well until it upgraded to 27.66.  Every time i tried to tag in 27.66 it would come back with a read only error message saying the changes were not saved and errors copied to clipboard.

Despite the error message I believe the drive was being updated as reopening media centre showed that the file tag had been changed so perhaps something is falsely triggering the error message.

Since I use this on two laptops and only have the issue on the one that uses SDD I suspect it is something to do with how jriver 27.66 reports changes to an SDD vs how it reports on to a HDD.

When I downgraded back to 27.52 the issue went away so I have turned off updating  for Media center on the laptop that has the external SDD (Samsung 1tb T5).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: issue with read only error message when tagging in version 27.66
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:54:21 am »

Since I use this on two laptops and only have the issue on the one that uses SDD I suspect it is something to do with how jriver 27.66 reports changes to an SDD vs how it reports on to a HDD.
MC can't distinguish between the two.   They are both just drives. 

File permissions?

Antivirus?  Make sure Windows Defender has been configured.  There is a W.D. thread on this board.

Oz1701

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 01:38:22 am »

Hi JimH
i didn't think to check for that as it wasn't previously a problem with installations and updates of JRiver.  it is only since i went from 27.52 to 27.66 that i had the issue. going back to previous 27.52 resolves the issue.

i appreciate the possible solution you have suggested (i found the thread) and i will give that a try over the weekend. it does seem a strong possibility as i do use defender on that machine. my other laptop has  Norton on it and i don't have the issue there. i will report back after the weekend and let you know as someone else may have the same issue and not have connected their issue with Defender.

thanks for the suggestion.

Oz1701

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 09:50:55 am »

OK - an update - i fixed the issue - it was windows defender. i didn't need to do everything in the tutorial.
just added the music folder as an exception and allow an app through controlled folder access - allow media center 27 (it was listed as a recently blocked app) so

thanks for the tip JimH

i would never have found the fix on my own!
Pages: [1]   Go Up