INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locate File (Inside)  (Read 870 times)

dragyn

Locate File (Inside)
« on: April 08, 2003, 02:55:25 pm »

This isn't a showstopper but I'll mention it anyway.

When I do a locate file (inside):

1) It sometimes take a long time (10+secs) to view the list (UNC). If I hit 'Cancel' right away, the correct list shows up right away. I think this was a problem a long time ago.

2) It would be cool if MC could highlight the file you are locating instead of searching through the list.

Media Center Registered 9.0.145 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 72 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Locate File (Inside)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 02:59:10 pm »

1) It sometimes take a long time (10+secs) to view the list (UNC). If I hit 'Cancel' right away, the correct list shows up right away. I think this was a problem a long time ago.

If you cancel, you end up with a partial listing. (you'll see what it got through before the cancel)

2) It would be cool if MC could highlight the file you are locating instead of searching through the list.

Agreed.  If we forget, remind us in the bug thread.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

Re: Locate File (Inside)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 03:53:28 pm »

Thanks for the highlight.

One problem I see is that it still takes a long time to get a list, especially on a network.

Does 'My Computer' re-read the tags/file info when doing a list? Most of the files it's displaying are already imported into the library. Only thing that was not imported were about 70 images (jpg's).

When doing an import for images on a network, MC is pretty fast. At the time, I was listing APE/APL files and took a couple minutes to display the list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up