INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File analysis information. - help  (Read 399 times)

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
File analysis information. - help
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:00:01 am »

I recently analyzed my audio files. But I decided to go back to the way files were before. So I restored a previous library backup which contained my audio files which had not been analyzed. But now when I play files from the older library the analysis info still shows up in the metadata in my iPad! I thought the analysis info was stored in the library information but maybe it's elsewhere. I know I can play the files without processing by not ticking the volume leveling box but I'm baffled; is the analysis info stored on the music hard drive or is it buried somewhere in the Windows registry? Kind of technical but maybe someone at JRiver knows.   
 Thanks

I'm using the latest update of MC27

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File analysis information. - help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 11:28:05 pm »

By default MC stores the results of Audio Analysis in both the database and the files.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:50:59 pm »

If you're using the library that is missing the analysis data, then just do an "update tags from library" and it will purge that tag from the files.

Select files->right click->Library tools->Update tags from library

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 10:29:49 am »

Thanks for chiming in guys, much appreciated.

wer, I did as you suggested; restored a library before analysis and "Updated tags from library". However the analysis tags still still show up in the library (on my iPad). I had assumed that command would fully update the tags but it must be that the any tags that were missing or incorrect will be placed or corrected, but tags that existed in the files will not be erased. So as an opposite tack, I replaced a music file on my hard drive with a file I know has no analysis and did an "update library from tags" and voila, the analysis tags are gone from that files library info. So it seems that to fully eliminate the analysis tags, I'd have to replace all my music files and that's not going to happen any time soon. Anyway, a great learning experience and I'll just live with it as is and just not invoke the DSP setting if I don't want audio levelling, etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up