INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature suggestion: control by gamepad!  (Read 288 times)

Dan78

Feature suggestion: control by gamepad!
« on: February 27, 2021, 11:07:47 am »

There are already too many devices hooked to our computers, not all are willing to add an IR sensor for remote control compatibility (and even less have spare remote controls to use). Yet wireless gamepads are quite common, and we could use them to remotely control the Media Center. Maybe give it a try? :O

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Dan78

Re: Feature suggestion: control by gamepad!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 12:58:32 pm »

It kinda solves it, but my experience as a gamer shows that native controller support is way better than any workarounds. For starters, I have to install a third-party software, which I don't do lightly. I also have dedicated media keys on my keyboard (including volume controls), and I'm not sure if they could be remapped. So basically I'll have to research Media Center's usual keyboard shortcuts (such as Spacebar to play / pause) and then remap them to the controller. Seems to be way too complex. Also what about my other games? I'll have to enable / disable key remapping whenever I start the Media Center? Again, more complexity for nothing. So I'll wait for native controller support, if it ever comes :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up