INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Duration Tag info for wmv files  (Read 531 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
No Duration Tag info for wmv files
« on: February 28, 2021, 04:39:10 pm »

Hey I'm wondering if anyone can help me? I've got a bunch of wmv files that J River isn't populating the duration tag. I've got the Combined-Community-Codec-Pack installed also and have tried updating the library from tags but nothing is working. They play just fine and show the duration in the top bar when you are playing them but just won't populate the tags. Any ideas anyone?

locust

Re: No Duration Tag info for wmv files
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 04:36:50 pm »

Bump...

I found this which I think might help.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66451.0

But I'm running windows 10, would there be an equivalent W7 Desktop Experience pack that would be available for Windows 10? I hope somebody can help.

locust

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 07:36:31 am »

Think I've found a workaround

I just changed the filetype from WMV to MP4 using the rename utility and find and replace within that to change from WMV to mp4.

Then I updated the Library (from tags) and it worked.

So glad because the only other option would have been to re-encode all those videos

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 08:43:46 am »

I am glad you found a work around.  I wonder if those videos are truly mp4 or wmv.  Can you provide a short sample video?  I am yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

locust

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 12:15:54 pm »

Thanks Yaobing, to be honest I'm not sure, I'll check with the mediainfo app.

A lot of them are definitely wmv streams & some are VC-1 streams. I'm a little confused as to why changing the file extension worked. I tried also changing the file extension just through the file type tag, then updating the file by tags and that didn't work. Only changing the filename extension to mp4 before updating the library from tags actually worked.

I would send a sample video but the videos in question are of an adult nature :o :-[, so probably not best emailing them to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up