INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIAA EQ?  (Read 1257 times)

KENZO

• Recent member
RIAA EQ?
« on: February 28, 2021, 07:46:36 pm »

Hi,
I am finally getting around to digitizing my 500+ LPs.  I have a recorder that can digitize to PCM or DSD, and has MIC and LINE level inputs, but no phono inputs, so no way to apply the RIAA curve via hardware.

I can encode to PCM and use Audacity to permanently apply RIAA eq to the digital files, that works fine, but nothing available - except super expensive pro studio equipment - for applying RIAA curve to a DSD file permanently.

I would be happy to just playback my DSD files using JRiver and the built in DPS EQ.  Is there a preset for RIAA EQ using the native JRiver EQ?

The JRiver EQ seems to have relatively wide bands also, would that be a problem for applying RIAA EQ during playback?

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: RIAA EQ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:08:45 pm »

The MC Graphic Equalizer is not suitable for your needs. And there is no preset for that.

You would need to use the MC Parametric Equalizer instead.  It is fully parametric and configurable, so you would be able to do what you need with it. The downside is that the interface is quite primitive, so you will have a learning curve to replicate the exact equalization you want.

Read about the feature here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Parametric_Equalizer

I hope this helps.

KENZO

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 11:35:18 pm »

Thank You!  Exactly the info I needed.  And for the prompt response, a double thank you :)

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 03:18:24 pm »

there are a number of free VST plugins that claim to have RIAA EQ nailed and built in.

KENZO

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 05:42:26 pm »

Great, I will have a look, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up