INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying JRiver settings  (Read 472 times)

obchristo

• Recent member
Copying JRiver settings
« on: March 06, 2021, 09:08:37 pm »

Is there a way to copy JRiver settings from one Windows PC to another? We have multiple computers running JRiver and I typically do all my settings "experiments" on my Surface Pro and would like to easily make the same settings on my HTPC, my wifes laptop etc. Everything is running Windows 10 Home.
Thanks,
Christo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Copying JRiver settings
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 09:52:35 pm »

A backup contains settings, and might work if the configurations of the machines are close enough.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Copying JRiver settings
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 12:27:10 am »

I went through this exercise 6 months ago when I built a new PC. There are a lot of things that do go with the library, but unfortunately you have to go through line by line in the settings - not the least of the reasons are differing hardware.

I I remote desktop'd from my new set up back to my old (which is still functioning - just have not shut it down for 3 months) and went through settings one section at a time to make sure I go them across. When I hit a section that had to be different due (TV tuner for example) I adjusted accordingly.

I think I might have posted a similar question at the time. Even if not importing the settings - it wooould be good to print them out to a file - then you go through line by line. A feature worth considering somehow, because JRiver probably has 10x the number of settings than any other Windows program?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up