INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Survey: Music Published Dates  (Read 347 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Survey: Music Published Dates
« on: March 07, 2021, 12:54:09 am »

Just wanted a bit of a survey to hear some alternate opinions or ways of doing things;

I have a music library and the date tag I use for the original release of an album or CD. However I also want to know if the recording is from a different release or remaster at a different time. I know I can create tags etc. I'm just wondering how people are using this with the default tag fields.

For example. I have a double CD of Ray Brown & Milt Jackson "Much In Common" originally released in 1965 I believe, but obviously not on CD at that time. The CD version I have was released in 1996. How are you recording these dates?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Survey: Music Published Dates
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 03:02:23 am »

I use the "Date (Release)" tag/field to store the Recording/Issue Date for the specific CD and a field/tag I added - "Date (Performance or Orig Recorded)" to hold the date a Live Track was performed, for Albums that were released before CD's existed the Release date of the Original Recording and for Greatest Hits/Compilation type albums for each track to store the date that track was originally released.

So for you example "Date (Release)" would contain 1996 and "Date (Performance or Orig Recorded)" would contain 1965.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up