INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you remotely select WDM analogue input?  (Read 379 times)

BillT

• World Citizen
Can you remotely select WDM analogue input?
« on: March 11, 2021, 02:16:40 pm »

Prompted by this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-56187737 article, I thought I'd play some of my old LPs (the ones that haven't been digitised).

My turntable was connected through a processor, but as tat only used 3 of its many inputs I thought maybe I could get rid of it and use JRiver.

Some searching, trial and error and head scratching later I got the WDM driver working and I could play LPs through JRiver. Playing web content will automatically switch to the WDM input, using the zone switch setup given in the documentation. However, to switch to analogue input it seems you have to go to File/Open live and select ASIO input. As the player is operated headlessly, that's a pain.

The question is,is it possible to use MCWS to select the analogue input? It would seem that selecting a zone which has an association with the ASIO input should work, but my efforts haven't been successful. Do any of the experts have any ideas as to how to proceed?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can you remotely select WDM analogue input?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 03:08:29 pm »

if you look at what is playing when you have asio line in active then you'll see something like

live://asio?deviceindex=2&deviceid=%7B3E08EBE9-46E3-45B9-8216-312892B30F94%7D&samplerate=48000&channels=2&channelshift=14

which means you can save a particular set of parameters in your library as an item and then you can play that item via MCWS

BillT

• World Citizen
Re: Can you remotely select WDM analogue input?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 02:15:01 am »

Thanks for that. It's looking promising; I can add it to the library and select it. Now to try to get MCWS to run it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up