INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Randomly Starts Playing Music  (Read 470 times)

omega0

• Recent member
JRiver Randomly Starts Playing Music
« on: April 30, 2021, 07:55:45 am »

I have found that when I am listening to music using JRiver and pause, not stop, playback, then leave the computer that at some seemingly random time later when I am not even in the same room as the computer that JRiver will just start playing music.

Yesterday I setup JRiver as a DLNA server, was using it to listen to music on the WCX-50, stopped playback, a couple of hours later it started playing a song that I had been trying to play the day before.

This may be happening when the computer goes to sleep, then just randomly wakes up on its own.

Anyone have any solutions to stop this seemingly random behavior?

parmafran

Re: JRiver Randomly Starts Playing Music
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 07:08:23 pm »

Same here. I'm on the latest version. Though to clarify I have the server boot up with Windows. Usually the last thing I played pipes up a few hours later whilst I'm watching a film in Kodi... Seemed to start happening for me after I set up jremote, though this could be correlation not causation. Have been using gizmo for a few weeks with no issues. It also could be the latest mc update??

omega0

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Randomly Starts Playing Music
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 11:02:31 pm »

Setting the Windows 10 PC to never go to sleep seems to be a work around for this issue.  It would be nice to have something permanent though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up