INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not saving tags automatically after Batch Conversion  (Read 262 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Not saving tags automatically after Batch Conversion
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:43:10 pm »

I've done a bunch of file conversions in MC lately from ALAC to ALAC using REFALAC64.

Main reason behind it was to Have iTunes properly report the file bitrate (and some files wouldn't convert when sent to iPhone but not sure this is related)
Not sure why this happens with the native Apple Lossless converter in MC. Used to happen also with dBpoweramp Apple Lossless converter but not anymore.

Bitrate reported in iTunes is higher than 40 000 kbps for a 16/44.1 redbook ALAC file.  It should be around 700-1000 kbps give or take...

File plays fine in MC and iTunes though so not really an issue per say but this has been bothering me for quite some time...

Anyway this is not the issue...The issue is MC will not tag the files after conversion unless I switch back and forth the converter and playing now window or click on a different view in MC...
Also not sure why the tagging is not done right after conversion (These tags are all the MC Volume level ones and were already present in the file)
Pages: [1]   Go Up