INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Composer Images  (Read 624 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Composer Images
« on: March 19, 2021, 02:04:50 pm »

I've never tried to use this before, but am right now and don't see anything changing.  I have a view built that is set with Composer as the top level.  I right click a composer and select "Get Composer Images from Google".  It looks like it's doing something, but when I looked in my Cover Art folder, there was no Composers folder created by MC.  I added one, tried again, but no image is added to the folder.  I went and manually grabbed an image for Franz Schubert and added it to the folder (as Franz_Schubert.jpg and Franz Schebert.jpg).  Neither made an image show up.

Is there a trick to getting this to work initially?  Thanks!

DJLegba

Re: Composer Images
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 07:46:56 pm »

It worked when the feature was introduced, so I added a bunch of composer images. After some update it stopped working, for the most part. Some composer images still show up, but most do not. I don't know why, and I haven't taken the time to investigate. Good luck with it, and if you manage to get it working consistently I might try it again.

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 09:51:04 am »

Mine's working fine, I added images months back.

You need a match of Beethoven.jpg where the composer = Beethoven, if the text doesn’t match the image fails, I haven’t tested case sensitivity though.

I have a view Composer > Genre > Sub Genre > Album working in both MC and JRemote

That said in 2 other DLNA controllers it doesn’t

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 10:21:55 am »

I went ahead and emailed in a logging file because I see a 404 error on what I think is the Google image lookup.  But even manually making the files and saving them to Composers\Composer Name.jpg isn't making them show up in my MC.  Is that the name of the subfolder?  I tried both Composer and Composers, as well as jpg and jpeg, but neither seems to make a difference.

DJLegba

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 10:53:48 am »

All my composer images are in c:\users\mike\appdata\roaming\j river\media center 27\cover art\composers

The file names do match the composer names - eg Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685-1750).jpg - and the images show up as expected in JRemote2 and MO 4Media. Only a few show up in Media Center itself, and those that do show up don't have the composer's birth-death year in the composer name. The brackets are probably causing MC some grief, although it still knows how to deliver the images to the remote apps. And MC did display the composers at some point, otherwise I wouldn't have 75 files in the composers folder.

It looks like I started adding composer images on December 14 of 2019 while using MC 26, and stopped adding them on January 6 of 2020. I'm not sure if that's because they stopped working, or if I had added all the composer images I needed.

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 10:57:17 am »

My folder is the default on install by MC 27

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\Cover Art\Composers

I have attached my Windows folder with images and my MC Composer View (its a top 50 restricted view but still shows all)

I can see nothing wrong ?

MikeO

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 10:59:10 am »

Composer View

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 11:32:56 am »

But even manually making the files and saving them to Composers\Composer Name.jpg isn't making them show up in my MC.

At some point in mucking around with my files, I corrupted the Franz Schubert.jpg file I was using.  I re-downloaded one from Wikipedia and now that one is showing up within MC.  So perhaps the problem is just getting the image from Google itself.

@MikeO - not sure if you care, but your email address is showing in your last screenshot.

MikeO

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 11:55:20 am »

Thanks, missed that, I’ll delete now you’ve seen it
Pages: [1]   Go Up