INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still no more ideas? (Was: HELP etc.)  (Read 1636 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Still no more ideas? (Was: HELP etc.)
« on: April 08, 2003, 05:47:29 am »

Well, I'm still stuck with no MC at all. As my previous thread (HELP, MC won't open) sort of drifted off, I don't want anyone to believe my problem is solved. To repeat it, after copying data from two fields to two others, MC had problems upgrading, and finally crashed/won't start again. All files and folders should be intact, but not even installing the latest version (today) helps at all. I'm sure there must be some solution to this, but need the help of someone more technically oriented than myself. I wouldn't like to see two months of retagging and editing going down the drain. Guess I'm particullarly worried about the info I (carefully) added to the customs 1 and customs 2 fields. Please, someone . .  ?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Still no more ideas? (Was: HELP etc.)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 05:55:11 am »

I didn't read the last thread so forgive me if this has been covered.

Have you tried moving your database to a different location so MC can't find it when it starts up?

Then try importing again?

I'm not sure how much of your changes will carry over, but it's worth a shot.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 06:00:11 am »

Ok, I just read the other thread and saw that you did try that...

So you can start MC up and import files, but when you're importing, MC locks up?

Can you try and import just a few files at a time? Like one folder at a time or something, to try and narrow down if there's a particular file that's causing this.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 06:21:21 am »

Have you tried moving your database to a different location so MC can't find it when it starts up?

Then try importing again?

THANKS A LOT!! THANKS A LOT!! THANKS A LOT!! THANKS A LOT!!
THANKS A LOT!! THANKS A LOT!!

Yeah, I tried the same thing yesterday, but it didn't work, but now - somehow - it did. I suppose you meant trying to import all the files again (because that's what I had to do). Now, what do I do with the backups/moved .jmd files? Delete them? Keep them? There is one field that went missing from the 'General' window that I'd like to get back, if possible. But I'm very happy just to be back. Did I remember to say Thank you?

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 06:33:27 am »

There probably of no use now since they may contain incorrect path info and were crashing MC anyhow. I'd kill em.

10-27

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 06:48:26 am »

You can try and recreate that field through MC's Options... and I thought I read somewhere that MC might read that info back in from the files' tags, as long as you use the exact same name for the field.

I can't guarantee any of that, though. And it may actually cause your problem to return, if that field was what was causing the problem.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 07:00:46 am »

Now, here's a new problem: Using the View Scheme window to browse my files, MC closes whenever I click the 'Audio' icon/text to collapse the view. Apart from that, everything seems OK. (I don't bother about the lost field problem any longer.) But it sure would help to fix this as well . . . .

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 08:42:40 am »

I'll end this thread about this new problem, and start another one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up