INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP -How to create a selection of albums inside a loaded Library  (Read 532 times)

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck

I'm probably missing something but How would I go about creating a group of albums as a selection inside my main Library.

I know I could just add all the albums as tracks into a playlist but what I would like to do is be able to click a button and it would display the collected albums in a album type view

What I'm trying to do is make a sub-collection from my main library of the Albums I have that appear in the book '1001 records you must hear before you die' I would like to set up something so that I can just go to the subcollection to be able to select a particular album to play rather than having to trawl through my entire  library 

Any help would be appreciated as I can't figure  it out even though i does seems to be a thing that should be simple and something  I would have thought would be a fairly common thing to try and do (it would be similar to setting up a favourite albums group)

I did think about trying out a smartlist but without putting a special tag against the albums I can't see how to do it

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HELP -How to create a selection of albums inside a loaded Library
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 09:04:08 am »

You could create a custom tag.   The wiki has info on tagging.

Then add a new View under Audio.  Right click on Audio to start.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 10:25:58 am »

Or put the files in a playlist, then create an Album View and set its filter ("included files") to show only members of that Playlist.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 02:33:27 am »

I am actually tracking the same list of Albums & I am up to about #700. I did not create a separate tag, I simply added this to the Comments field. ie. "1001 Albums you must hear before you die #0700". I put this in each track on the same Album. then to search I use "1001 Albums" and it finds them all.
If there is an existing comment in a track of the Album I merely append it. After you search for "1001 Albums" you could select all of those returned and right lclick add them to a Playlist if you wish. MC by default will prevent the same track being added twice into the same playlist.

Quick, simple works for me...?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 01:26:00 pm »

If you don't want to add a custom tag, could you build a smarlist based on directory paths? 
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up