INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doesn't place MP4's into same video category  (Read 574 times)

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
Doesn't place MP4's into same video category
« on: April 09, 2021, 01:57:17 pm »

For some reason, JRiver Media Center 27 automatically places some MP4's into Movies, and some into Shows for no specific reason. They are all the same resolution, frame rate etc. Is there anyway, I can override this odd default assignment?

Thanks, Scott

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Doesn't place MP4's into same video category
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 07:46:49 am »

There is a work around for such behaviour. The behaviour you are getting I believe may be due to carnac but I could be wrong.

Carnac is made to import media and fill in empty database fields using available information but sometimes it can be hit or miss.

More reading on Carnac here https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Carnac

But anyway, I've had the same issues but there's an easy workaround using auto import. If your movies and shows are in separate folders you can configure the auto import to apply certain tags upon import. Just make sure you have separate entries in Auto-Import for each your movies and shows folders. Rather than having one import folder being the root folder of your media.

Go to Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import.

Do for each folder i.e. the movies folder.

Select it, press edit and in the new window you'll see at the bottom "Apply these tags (optional)"

Just add Media Sub Type: Movie and click ok and now all new imported files within that folder will have the Media Sub Type set correctly always

Hope that helps

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Doesn't place MP4's into same video category
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:21:05 am »

Thank you locust, I will try that to see if it works for me...
Pages: [1]   Go Up