INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - My brother's got his Green Card!  (Read 876 times)

Roger_the_Shrubber

• Recent member
  • 6 strings good, 4 strings better
OT - My brother's got his Green Card!
« on: April 07, 2003, 12:23:46 am »

My brother and his family went over to MN in 1998, he having being employed by a computer contraciting firm. And now...............:

"Hello there,

As you tell from the subject of message, there is further news regarding the Green Card saga.

After gathering the birth certificates from grandad, the new passports for the children from the South African Consulate in Chicago, and various other documents requested by the INS, I collated them and sent them off to the INS via my sponsoring company's lawyer.

The INS received these documents on March 20th, and in a short space of time on March 28th, notices of case approval for all four of us were issued by them.

So the bottom line is: We have our Green Card!

Four years of legal gathering and discourse have finally paid off.  What is required now is that the four of us head off to the local INS office to get our current visas stamped to indicate our new permanent resident status.

Many regards,
M

PS. The INS is now known as the BCIS (Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services)"

Maybe I'll be able to visit the JRiver crowd sometime.......my family lives in Apple Valley....

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: OT - My brother's got his Green Card!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 04:37:40 am »

I have an aunt that lives in Apple Valley. Stayed there 10-15 years ago on my way to Brainerd to watch the North Star Nationals (NHRA drag racing).

10-27

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: OT - My brother's got his Green Card!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 01:24:24 pm »

In case no one has said it before...

:D WELCOME TO AMERICA :D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up