INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM audio in combination with MC audio  (Read 421 times)

Rick2018

• Recent member
WDM audio in combination with MC audio
« on: April 11, 2021, 04:36:22 am »

I would like to play music from MC as background while playing games and otherwise hearing browser audio.  After searching the forums, I set up WDM to handle general computer audio while using MC in exclusive mode for optimum playback of music.  For MC background plus browser audio, I found old forum instructions for setting up a zone that uses WDM for browser audio while putting MC in nonexclusive mode for the combined playback.  It seems, however, that I should (since MC is handling both the direct and WDM audio) be able to hear combined audio while MC is in exclusive mode.  In fact, however, simply playing audio in MC mutes the computer audio regardless of the use of WDM (it comes back as soon as I stop the MC playback).  Is there some configuration that leaves MC in exclusive mode while allowing me to hear both MC and browser audio at the same time?  Would greatly appreciate any advice. 

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM audio in combination with MC audio
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 04:39:17 am »

No, that is not possible. MC cannot share an exclusive output device between multiple audio sources.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Rick2018

• Recent member
Re: WDM audio in combination with MC audio
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 07:31:36 am »

Ok, thanks! I thought I'd make sure, since MC, in this case, would be the exclusive user (since WDM routes into MC). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up