INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem finding Subtitles for TV Shows but not Movies  (Read 859 times)

jgleim

• Recent member
Problem finding Subtitles for TV Shows but not Movies
« on: September 16, 2020, 03:52:45 pm »

When right clicking on a Video file in the Video section of Media Center and then clicking on "Get Movie & TV Info", the option for "Use subtitles" does not return any results when the Media Sub Type=TV Show.  But if I go directly to the OpenSubtitles.org web site, SRT files exist for the TV shows I'm looking for.  I end up manually downloading the desired SRT file to my PC.  However, Subtitle search seems to work fine for Media Sub Type=Movie.  I'm currently using MC 27.0.12 64-bit on a Windows 10 PC.  This has been going on for several versions of Media Center now.  Any idea when this will be fixed?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem finding Subtitles for TV Shows but not Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:48:46 pm »

I noticed that for TV Shows last week as well. I also downloaded some SRT files myself. I didn't check movies.

Note that some countries (well, Australia) block access to OpenSubtitles.org as they consider it facilitating piracy. A VPN must be used in that case.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jgleim

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 11:10:40 am »

I live in Arizona USA.  TV show subtitles used to work (MC version 24?) but stopped working at some point.  I first noticed the problem in MC version 26.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 05:07:15 pm »

I think this is one for the JRiver team. The process is too opaque for users to work out the issue. Well, without a bunch of work, using Wireshark or similar to monitor communications.

It could be the search parameters are too tight so no match is found, or too loose so that too many matches are found. Or it could be that OpenSubtitles.org limits the number of searches MC can do in a given time period, for all users, or some other load management strategy is in place.

I don't use the functionality often, or need to, but it would nice if it just worked.  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 03:14:42 am »

I've fixed TV Show subtitle searches for the next build, please let us know if you still experience issues after that!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jgleim

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 02:17:26 pm »

Thanks Hendrik!!

pge

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 09:22:44 am »

In the latest 27 windows build, I still have problems looking up the subtitles for TV shows.

Normally all my subtitles are supplied by SickGear which will add them (English) in postprocessing.

For some shows (Spanish and Italian) I would like to add Dutch subtitles instead.

When I select an episode (Right mouse button) and select the ‘Get movie and tv info’, I can check the
box for subtitles but nothing happens.
The IMDB ID field here is empty, although it is filled when I do a lookup for the show.

Can I actually select a particular TV serie and lookup all the episodes of the different seasons at once?
Or does it have to be at import?
Pages: [1]   Go Up