INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD Bitstream waveform L&R channels.  (Read 558 times)

Markymac

DSD Bitstream waveform L&R channels.
« on: April 11, 2021, 04:05:41 pm »

Hello. Could you advise how I can obtain the individual bitstream waveforms from the DSD signal. I want to be able to amplify the bitstream waveform directly without a DAC. Any information would be appreciated.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DSD Bitstream waveform L&R channels.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 03:56:48 am »

something like sox?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 09:20:42 am »

You cannot change the volume of DSD  without changing it to PCM (or some multi-bit format) or adjusting the analog output.  There are tools to look at the waveform, but they do not change the volume in native DSD format.    Sorry, that is just the nature of DSD.

Markymac

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 03:57:32 pm »

Thank you for your response, I have a way to control the volume with a DSD bitstream waveform and want to keep this as pure as possible. I need to know how I can access the raw DSD waveforms for each individual channel without using a DAC or PCM.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 04:03:41 pm »

Thank you for your response, I have a way to control the volume with a DSD bitstream waveform and want to keep this as pure as possible. I need to know how I can access the raw DSD waveforms for each individual channel without using a DAC or PCM.
How do you control the volume?  Without a DAC, how are you converting to analog to listen to the music?

You can view the waveform with software like Vinyl Studio or Tascan HiRes Editor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up