INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi compatible  (Read 1934 times)

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
IdPi compatible
« on: April 11, 2021, 12:51:36 pm »

Can you please inform if the IdPi SD card is compatible with the Allo Boss 2 and/or Hifiberry dac2HD ? Thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi compatible
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 03:07:19 pm »

Can you please inform if the PiID SD card is compatible with the Allo Boss 2 and/or Hifiberry dac2HD ? Thanks
From the HiFiBerry web site..
Q: Will it work with distribution XXX?
A: The driver is already included in the Linux kernel since beginning of 2020. Every distribution that uses an up-to-date Linux kernel should support it out-of-the-box. Some distributions might need an update. Please ask the developers of the distribution you’re using.

So the answer for any cards we shipped designed to work with a Pi4 is yes.

Not sure about the Allo, their "support" page is kind of a mess IMO 

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: PiID compatible
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 06:30:46 am »

Thanks Bob. I'll go for the Hifiberry Dac 2HD this time.

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 08:00:45 am »

Hi,

I just received the IdPi. Lan connected, license installed correctly, updates done. ID visible in JRiver desktop but... unable to play music to the IdPi. First the message which appears in JRiver (desktop) is "waiting" moving to "stopped". The album cover shows up for some seconds on the TV screen and disappears afterwards. In option 10 I've checked the 'audio device information' which shows Hifiberry Dac+ HD hifi
However the installed hat is Hifiberry Dac2 HD. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 08:27:11 am »

Hi,

I just received the IdPi. Lan connected, license installed correctly, updates done. ID visible in JRiver desktop but... unable to play music to the IdPi. First the message which appears in JRiver (desktop) is "waiting" moving to "stopped". The album cover shows up for some seconds on the TV screen and disappears afterwards. In option 10 I've checked the 'audio device information' which shows Hifiberry Dac+ HD hifi
However the installed hat is Hifiberry Dac2 HD. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
What device have you selected in the Id's Options->Tools->Audio setup?
When you do option 10, what sample rates and output formats are supported for your HiFiBerry?

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 12:16:14 am »

It first started up with "default Card = B1 Alsa. I got no sound and a track was moving from 'waiting' to 'stopped'. I've tried the other options : some were able to play music but at far too low volume to listen to. Tried to attach pic of tv screen Id config but always get error file is too large (prob. 6 MB) . No output encoding.
Tried 16/44.1 and hi-res (24/192) but both had same effect.

Hifiberry Dac2HD is 24/192

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 04:51:14 am »

I've written Volumio on a sd card. Hifiberry Dac2 HD was directly detected. Music played. No issues (even not for the JRiver warning to shut down correctly - as I will not connect a TV screen to IdPi to shut down correctly).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 06:48:42 am »

It first started up with "default Card = B1 Alsa. I got no sound and a track was moving from 'waiting' to 'stopped'. I've tried the other options : some were able to play music but at far too low volume to listen to. Tried to attach pic of tv screen Id config but always get error file is too large (prob. 6 MB) . No output encoding.
Tried 16/44.1 and hi-res (24/192) but both had same effect.

Hifiberry Dac2HD is 24/192

If you got music to play, that was probably the right selection.  The volume problem  may be a different problem.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 08:59:00 am »

Check the attached screenshot for my hifiberry device. I'd assume yours would look similar.

For some reason, the specific volume control for the hifiberry devices start at 50%.
You can change that using the option 14 on the main menu then use F6 to select the hifiberry device and move the slider up to the top.

The setting will save across reboots.

Tsiobbel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 09:23:18 am »

Indeed, my screen was similar to yours.
Will be for another occasion. Is license (as currently activated) linked to this Pi and DAC or is it independent from the installed hardware ?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 09:35:22 am »

Indeed, my screen was similar to yours.
Will be for another occasion. Is license (as currently activated) linked to this Pi and DAC or is it independent from the installed hardware ?
It's linked to the Pi hardware. Moving it to another Pi will use up a license restore. Not a problem if you aren't doing it many times.
Here is the system volume control on the IdPi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up