INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jremote2 connects to the wrong server  (Read 600 times)

Avgatzeblouz

• Recent member
Jremote2 connects to the wrong server
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:02:40 am »

Hi everyone. I'm having a strange issue with my setup : I have a server on which I have enabled Access key, Authentification, and media sharing (renderer/server). I have a living room PC on which I play all of the files from the server, connecting to it using the access key. Then I want to control that living room PC using its own access key from the different devices (tablet, android phones, etc...) we can have. The thing is one of my phones always connects to the main server, even when adding a new server on JRemote2 using the right access key (the one from the living room PC). This is not happening on my other phone. They both are Android, running different Android versions, but same JRemote2 version. I tried deinstalling JRemote2 several times, deleting all servers from the app to add them again using both access keys, and it never works. I tried editing the IP adress in the server options on the phone, to enter the local adress, but it does not save it, and keeps reverting to the external ip adress, which is the one of the server I guess. I tried to add a new server on the problematic phone using the loca ip adress of the living room PC, and it did not succeed to connect to it.
So first, since my setup is simple (One server PC, one player PC and remotes to control the player when at home or streaming from the server when outside), am I doing it the right way ?
Second, is there any way to have JRemote2 stopping from connecting to the server only, even when entering the right access key ? Can I acces files on the phone to do a clean uninstall, like on windows ?

Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up