INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How select drivers in Windows 10 and JRiver to output audio via USB  (Read 723 times)

gregv

• Recent member

I'm a Mac guy except for my minimal use of a Memory Player Mini for playing audio in JRiver Media Center using Windows 10 on a Memory Player Mini. I've connected a USBe Perfect that allows me a long 26 foot USB cable run to the back of the MP Mini. I see the PS Audio preamp DAC's driver in the Windows 140 Device Manager under Other Devices. Where/how do I select the driver in Windows 10 and JRiver to output audio via USB to my PS Audio Gain Cell DAC preamplifier?

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How select drivers in Windows 10 and JRiver to output audio via USB
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 10:19:40 am »

Where to I select the driver in Windows 10 and JRiver to output audio via USB to my PS Audio Gain Cell DAC preamplifier?
Tools >  Options >  Audio >  Audio Device (dropdown).  Pick one.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 12:09:38 pm »

You should also install the PS Audio Windows USB driver. If they have an ASIO driver, the driver should as kr4 mentioned under Tools->Options->Audio->Audio Device.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

gregv

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 01:13:19 pm »

Great. Thanks for the info! I found a PS Audio USB driver on the PS Audio site - file is "PSAudio-USBAudio2.0DriverLatest." The Gain Cel DACl isn't listed on their driver page. I've used it exclusively for audio playback thru the headphone jack in both analog and digital via optical... Haven't installed a driver on the Memory Player Mini yet, so the use of USB is new to me, as is installing a driver in Windows 10... anything to know? Like I said, a PC newbie here.

Double clicking SETUP showed me the USB driver is USB v1.61.0... too old?
Pages: [1]   Go Up