INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does this icon mean?  (Read 679 times)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
What does this icon mean?
« on: April 25, 2021, 12:32:08 am »

I have started seeing this blue icon on various tracks before I add cover art.  I haven't seen it before the last few days, even though I have used JRiver for years .  Obviously, I have clicked something in error that started to add the icon.  What did I do?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What does this icon mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 02:24:36 am »

That Icon is from the skin you are using and if you look closely at it you will see a red-dot in the top left corner. It is that skins way of differentiating between tracks that don't have Album Art and those that do.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 03:29:41 am »

Thanks.  That's interesting.  If that's to distinguish between tracks with and without art, why do the tracks below the first not also have the icon, do you think?  None of them has art.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 04:56:46 am »

Thanks.  That's interesting.  If that's to distinguish between tracks with and without art, why do the tracks below the first not also have the icon, do you think?  None of them has art.

Since I use a different skin all I can assume is that you had selected only that track and the icon was automatically changed to reflect that it was selected and didn't have any cover art.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 11:16:33 am »

Thank you, but, no, I don't believe that any individual track was selected.  Just the first one had the icon, though, so I must have done something that affected it.

I changed skins and will watch what the new one does when I add tracks. 

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 12:08:40 am »

I changed the skin last night.  I just now added some files that all have cover art.  When I edited the metadata, the first track in the album changed from the thumb to that icon.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 03:43:20 am »

I changed the skin last night.  I just now added some files that all have cover art.  When I edited the metadata, the first track in the album changed from the thumb to that icon.

Mike - How did you add the cover art to those files and did you tell whatever you used to add the cover art to save it to the tags/files or as an image inside the same folder as the tracks/files?

Can you please bring those files into the MC View you were using and in the Tree open the Tag Window, select the track that is showing the different icon, scroll down the Tag Window until the Image Section is revealed and open that section so that what MC knows about the Image is visible and then take a Screen Shot of the full screen then select the next track down and take another Screen Shot of the full screen and post both of them.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 10:44:29 am »

Thank you for the suggestion.

In the first case above, I copied and pasted from the clipboard.  In the second, I believe the art was embedded in the downloaded file. In both cases, the icon no longer is visible and the correct art displays in the tags.

I will take screenshots when this recurs.  The good news is that it does not appear the icon replaces the album art permanently or prevents me from adding the art after it shows up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up