INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Rename, Move, & Copy feature to save some clicks  (Read 445 times)

comox

• Galactic Citizen

One of the most common click sequences I make when tagging files is to rename and move the file(s) by selecting a Base Path from its most recently used drop down followed by a Filename from its most recently used drop down.

The Base Path + Filename pair are typically fixed for a given media type and so a small number of pairs are used over and over again.

Please consider adding a 3rd most recently used drop down for the pair: Base Path\Filename.  This does not need to be editable, it just needs to keep the most recently used pairs of Base Path + Filename.

This would save a few clicks for a very frequently used feature.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Rename, Move, & Copy feature to save some clicks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 11:51:25 pm »

In the meantime...

If your decisions regarding Base Path and Filename are always based on the same criteria, you could use expression functions in both fields that would return the correct output depending on the files selected, thus reducing the required number of mouse clicks to zero.

If you would like some help with that, just ask, along with some examples of the choices you make.

-marko

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 04:10:13 am »

I use a saved Preset for that purpose, it can load all fields for any given use-case with just two clicks (to open the list and select a preset).

I think an additional combined field of recently used combinations would be rather unintuitive for most users.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 11:30:39 am »

Marko, thanks for the kind offer.

Hendrik, presets are perfect! I never noticed the preset feature until now.

Cancel this request, I'm totally satisfied with F6 as is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up