INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No DSP setting in Library backup  (Read 475 times)

Stormen

• Recent member
No DSP setting in Library backup
« on: June 24, 2021, 02:03:49 am »

Hi
I've had an issue over the years. Everytime I buy a new version ( since 19) The new version is taking in the library and shortcuts like playlists, radiostations etc. But every year I have to take o photo of every single setup under options, all the filters. (10-15 photos or screenbumps)   It wasnt since yesterday when i wanted to upgrade form 26 to 28 I realized    ohh these settings are actually to be stored in the library backup.  I've read a lot on this forum to figure it out, and I seems to be the only one to have this problem.
 I have tons of rescent backupfiles in and no matter how i try to reload them into 28. No settings are there.  Soundcard is wrong, no filters, wrong delay, skip settings etc.n So either it doesnt backup my DSP settings and its empty when importing it. Or its there and the settings doesnt get imported.

from 27 to 28 there is an options to save all dsp to a single file wich I always though during the years was a absolutely must have.  I didnt know it was auto-backup in library. But I have 26.

The original guide is excellent, but no settings show up after restore
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

So I tried the 3.d party extractor but it can find the new folders/keys in 28. when i wanna import. Export from 26 works fine.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124190.0.html
So no luck there either.

So why is the music library files backed up correctly but no DSP setting? This is at least the 5:th  version of upgrade/installation I have to do all the settings manually. Can someone help me to "check the box for DSP settings auto save" Beacuse I cant figure this out.

All help and thought's are welcome, even the most basic once. I guess I have missed the most obvious?

Stormen

• Recent member
Re: No DSP setting in Library backup
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 06:45:25 am »

I solved it, It was me, and a little bit of the program.

The auto library backup doesnt work when installing a new version.
But when I take "restore library"  again and take the latest storepoint from older version of MC 26.  it hanged, crashed, restarted computer and now all settings are in place in MC28.
Very obvious clearly and simple maneuver. I did it too complicated by trying a list of 13 other ways. :-)

I also wanna give a tips about   Fidelizer  thats free and makes improvement ( small or big) to listening to audio playback. the changes goes away after restart so no harm is done. Together with MC its amazing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up