INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smooth Experience with Migration to MC28  (Read 396 times)

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Smooth Experience with Migration to MC28
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:23:01 am »

Since early morning I have my two clients and my server migrated to MC 28. So far everything works like before (Cover art etc.) + the add. features like Netflix. I found it so good that I uninstalled MC27.

The only thing that makes it a little bit tedious is that one has to configure MS Antivirus again on my three computers with the necessary exclusions.

Congratulations! Great job done by the MC Team!
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smooth Experience with Migration to MC28
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 07:35:04 am »

Since early morning I have my two clients and my server migrated to MC 28. So far everything works like before (Cover art etc.) + the add. features like Netflix. I found it so good that I uninstalled MC27.

The only thing that makes it a little bit tedious is that one has to configure MS Antivirus again on my three computers with the necessary exclusions.

Congratulations! Great job done by the MC Team!

I would suggest you experiment with simply adding exclusions for the top level JRiver folders and do not add exclusions for version specific files or folders.  According to Microsoft, having those folders excluded should mean that the files in those folders are also excluded. That way you do not have to have exclusions for particular versions. Using that structure, I moved from MC 27 to MC 28 without any problems.  You can always add version specific exclusions if you have problems, but Microsoft is pretty clear that the folder exclusions should provide what you need.  Folder and Process exclusions on Program Files/J River and maybe %appdata%/J River should be all you need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up