INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "playing now" no longer recognizes DAC  (Read 498 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
"playing now" no longer recognizes DAC
« on: July 09, 2021, 08:49:21 pm »

Setup: windows 10; two zones  - player (desktop speakers)  and PS Audio Direct Stream Bridge for distant loudspeakers.  Had been using MC 25; it recognized the Bridge, but stopped playing after 4-5 songs. Worked fine with desktop speakers; system worked perfectly well with other preamp inputs (FM).

Tried rebooting PSAudio Direct Stream, tried resetting universal pnp. Then I downloaded MC 28 - and now I can't get MC to recognize the Bridge at all despite the usual steps (turning DS on and off, resetting pnp etc).  Please help!!    Player/zone shows only " player";  player/repeat is set to "repeat off"
rhk

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: "playing now" no longer recognizes DAC
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 07:30:29 am »

Does PSAudio have instructions on what it needs for setup?

Port 1900 needs to be open for discovery.

Make sure Media Network is turned on.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
Re: "playing now" no longer recognizes DAC
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 03:12:41 pm »

My system has two zones. "Player" is for desktop speakers. "PSAudioBridge" is for speakers  300-400 feet away. Unable to get MC28  to recognize Bridge- in frustration, I opened MC 25, what I've been using for several years. After a few seconds, it recognizes the PsAudio Bridge but has the same problem that led me get the upgrade hoping it might solve the basic problem:  after a few tracks, the playlist just stops running. I have to hit the "play" button. It starts the same track.   PLAYER/REPEAT is set to "repeat off"

I have half a dozen playlists - same problem with all of them.

The playlist works just fine with the default "player" (desktop speakers) but the Bridge/distant speakers are the problem.

Are there are settings I can apply to MC to function correctly with the Bridge?   Since MC 25 recognizes the Bridge, can I assume windows 10 applies the correct network settings for MC 28?   

how do I get the system to work? I've posed the same question to PSAudio - but MC is upstream from the preamp and just stops working

thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up