INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't use direct hardware mode  (Read 578 times)

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen
Can't use direct hardware mode
« on: January 29, 2022, 03:51:16 pm »

It has been a while... At some point, I changed my computer for a much modern one (new Mobo, case, drives, everything) and I lost the possibility to use direct hardware mode. If I switch my audio output to Kernel Streaming or Wasapi, no sound. Which is unfortunate. My audio hardware is still the same.
I have since upgraded to MuC 28 without any change. I have to use Direct Sound. And get all the Windows notifications while trying to relax with music! And probably get a subpar sound.
I use an Audio-GD interface (DI-V2), to converts the USB signal to SPDif, to sent it to my Metric Halo UL-2 DAC.
Usually I am quite capable of finding my way. For some reason, this, I can't solve. Any advice?

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen
Re: Can't use direct hardware mode
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 09:08:43 am »

Solved.
Audio driver upgrade. WASAPI is now working.

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Can't use direct hardware mode
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 11:26:49 am »

I'm actually using Windows 11 and I've got a similar problem. I use a Steinberg UR22 audio interface, and there is no ASIO connection availalbe any more. Do I just try to get a different driver?

ETA: it looks like Windows 11 (upgrade from Windows 10) did not include the existing ASIO / direct driver for my Steinberg interface, despite it working well on Windows 10. So, just like OP, updating the driver from Steinberg / Yamaha to the latest version did, after a reboot caused by a freeze and BSOD (!), restore the proper ASIO interface.

Unfortunately, I'll have to dig into the volume settings; neither JRiver nor the system volume actually controls the JRiver output any longer (I have to use physical hardware controls right now. I'll update the post if I get soft controls to work). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up