INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote No Connection to Server & JRiver Media Center - Solution!  (Read 892 times)

Phil_C

• Recent member

JRemote No Connection to Server & JRiver Media Center - Solution!

I am sharing this in case it helps someone else with a problem connecting an iPad’s JRemote (version 3.36) to JRiver Media Center on a Windows 10 laptop server).  I had not used JRemote recently and it had connected okay to Media Center on the server at that time. 

Problem:  But today when trying to connect, JRemote screen messaged there was no connection to the internet.  However, both the laptop and iPad were connected to the internet.  Oddly, my iPhone’s JRemote connected to Media Center and work properly.  So, I suspected the iPad.

First Try: The iPad has the latest OS installed, iPadIOS 14.6. First, I deleted the server in JRemote on the iPad that I couldn’t connect to and tried reinstalling it using the Access Key supplied in Media Center at Tools>Options>Media Network.  It still would not connect and it gave the same error message.

Solution: Next, I deleted the iPad’s JRemote app, even though it was the current version, and reinstalled it from the Apple App store. Then I repeated the steps above to add the server and it worked this time.  So, reinstall JRemote first if you have this connection problem (even if it is the current version).   

Phil_C

Pages: [1]   Go Up