INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import Not Working  (Read 834 times)

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto Import Not Working
« on: July 13, 2021, 04:55:09 am »

Seems that Auto Import does not work. My old setings for Auto Import Films and Music from specific directories on my NAS does not work any more. Run ing latest version of MC28

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Auto Import Not Working
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 07:13:18 am »

Double check your settings.

Search for the files in MC.  They may have been imported already.  Sometimes they can be in the wrong media type.

Importing from NAS drives can be slower. 

westham60

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:53:51 am »

Auto import has been inconsistent for me across at least three versions (24, 26 & 28). Sometimes it imports immediately, other times it will simply not pick up a new file. I have to do a manual import or restart and then the file is immediately imported. There is no consistency regarding file types. It does seem to happen more often the longer the software has been open, i.e. it doesn't tend to happen when I switch on in the morning, far more likely later in the day.

I should add that my files are on an internal HD in the same PC as the MC install.

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 05:06:00 pm »

I have been seeing this behavior myself with inconsistent imports in last releases of MC27 and now MC28. I had posted a note but deleted since it received no comments so just assumed it was NAS busy or something else. It isn't the NAS. I never shutdown or restart unless a Windows update forces me to restart the system.

Got impatient and created a shortcut key to manually initiate the import if my new folders are not detected in few minutes like they used to.

elo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 05:22:03 pm »

The files are NOT imported at all. If they were imported to the wrong category that in itself is also a bug. Further if I do a manual import of one directory, the files are imported correctly...

I should mention I am running W11 (players) and the server is on a Virtual Windows Server 2016. My NAS's are on TrueNAS latest version.... The auto import does not work on any of the Windows machines. it worked fine on MC27

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 01:48:45 pm »

My auto-import was not working either.   What I discovered was that the folders to search in were missing and had been defaulted to a MC C: drive folder.  I had to recreate them along with redefine the file types/extensions to search for

I upgraded from MC26.    I also found that MC28 lost all the media network settings, zones etc. that I had in 26.
Pages: [1]   Go Up