INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Options and Sonos  (Read 614 times)

GaryG45

• Recent member
Audio Options and Sonos
« on: July 15, 2021, 04:39:43 pm »

I'm on MC28.0.32.
One of my speakers is a Sonos Play3, and I have no problems playing my 16/44.1 music to it.  I also have a lot of 24/96 music that I cannot play to the Sonos because of its 48KHz sample rate limitation.  A thought was to use Options>Audio>DSP Studio>Output Format and change the 96KHz input to 48KHz or 44.1KHz output for the Sonos Play3.  Is this possible?

When I select the Sonos speaker in Playing Now and go to Options>Audio I get a message stating "Configure audio using Options>Media Network>Add or configure DLNA servers.  I've had Media Network with the Generic DLNA server since MC26.  I don't see any options for the Sonos.  I'm not sure what to do at this point and maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.  I've looked at the Wiki for Media Network and DLNA, and I don't see anything that would help.  Is there another way to do what I want?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Options and Sonos
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 05:07:33 pm »

I'm on MC28.0.32.
One of my speakers is a Sonos Play3, and I have no problems playing my 16/44.1 music to it.  I also have a lot of 24/96 music that I cannot play to the Sonos because of its 48KHz sample rate limitation.  A thought was to use Options>Audio>DSP Studio>Output Format and change the 96KHz input to 48KHz or 44.1KHz output for the Sonos Play3.  Is this possible?

When I select the Sonos speaker in Playing Now and go to Options>Audio I get a message stating "Configure audio using Options>Media Network>Add or configure DLNA servers.  I've had Media Network with the Generic DLNA server since MC26.  I don't see any options for the Sonos.  I'm not sure what to do at this point and maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.  I've looked at the Wiki for Media Network and DLNA, and I don't see anything that would help.  Is there another way to do what I want?
We've got a Play 3 and it works well!

Just create a DLNA server under Media Network Options tailored to it (or just configure the default Generic DLNA one if that's the only DLNA device you have).

You can choose "Specified output format", I'd suggest PCM 16 bit or PCM 24 bit. The headerless option is NOT supported by the Play 3 so don't choose those.
Then under audio->advanced in there configure your DSP studio output format settings.

GaryG45

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 09:21:37 am »

Bob,
Thanks for your help.  I created a new DLNA server because I have other DLNA devices, and the Sonos Play3 is now playing 24/96 files.  This was helpful to me because I also learned how to associate the new DLNA server to the Sonos.  Thanks again.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 09:50:50 am »

Bob,
Thanks for your help.  I created a new DLNA server because I have other DLNA devices, and the Sonos Play3 is now playing 24/96 files.  This was helpful to me because I also learned how to associate the new DLNA server to the Sonos.  Thanks again.
Glad you got it going. Thanks for mentioning the association under the zone's DLNA controller options, I missed that..
Pages: [1]   Go Up