INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstalling old MC  (Read 418 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Uninstalling old MC
« on: July 26, 2021, 12:26:16 pm »

I have installed MC28 nor for a couple of weeks and it works fine. So I was think of uninstall the old MC26.
Do I need to take some certain action or can I just simply uninstall the normal way with Revo or with Windows uninstall?
Thanks,
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Uninstalling old MC
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 12:43:22 pm »

Make certain you are happy that everything in the MC26 library folder, specifically, things like the cover art folder (if that's where you have it) have properly copied across to MC28. Don't check using MC28. Check the setting in MC 28, then use explorer to check that everything was properly copied across, and then, when you're satisfied...

Uninstall normally using Windows 'add/remove programs', choose to uninstall everything, and then reinstall MC28.

Sometimes, uninstalling may break something in the new version. A simple reinstall will correct any of that.

Captor

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 12:27:15 pm »

Thanks, Marko
It look like no need to reinstall MC28. But maybe I should do that anyway.
JRiver for music

charbug

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 10:42:37 pm »

Quick question.  Trying to get Live in to work with my RME product JRiver MC28 crashed numerous times and it now has issues.  Can I do a simple reinstall and not uninstall first?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 06:40:09 am »

Quick question.  Trying to get Live in to work with my RME product JRiver MC28 crashed numerous times and it now has issues.  Can I do a simple reinstall and not uninstall first?
Yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up