INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pane View - recent albums  (Read 515 times)

Chrispy58

• Recent member
Pane View - recent albums
« on: July 27, 2021, 10:51:24 am »

What do I do if a new album comes up with a picture of the album cover for every track? It only does this on the recent album view, in panes.  Theatre view or remote controls don't do it. Screenshot attached.
TIA

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pane View - recent albums
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 12:21:50 pm »

Hover your mouse over the word "Albums" in the view tab, and you will see a menu pop up. This is called the view header menu.

Try setting the "List Style" to "Album Thumbnails".

Does that help?

Chrispy58

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:07:09 pm »

sorry man, tried  that, still the same

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 02:48:23 pm »

I'll (or someone else if they're quicker than me) will need to check if that's a view that ships as default, because, I'm pretty sure that that's not a panes view. There are no panes, and I would expect to find a list of files under the disclosure triangles bottom middle of your screen shot...

Could you possibly open the customise view for that view and post a screen shot of that?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 11:47:14 pm »

OK, by default, "Panes" is a single root view, it has no children, suggesting that the two child views showing in your screenshot were moved there, either accidentally or deliberately. To be honest, where the view is shouldn't really matter. It can do, but in this case, it shouldn't.

How does your customise view settings for that view compare to the default that ships with MC, as shown below...

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 06:41:27 am »

It could be tagging issue if that affects only albums with multiple artists. Select album and Press Alt+Enter to open tag window and in "General" drop down menu check that "Album Artist" field is empty in various artist albums.

In "Advanced" drop down menu there's also "Album Artist (auto)" field and it's ok if there's "(Multiple artists)".

Sometimes when importing new music it takes a while before MC sorts various artists albums to one single album.

Chrispy58

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 01:15:58 pm »

Perfect now, thanks Junior, spot-on.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up