INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug linking to Preset  (Read 285 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Bug linking to Preset
« on: August 10, 2021, 12:40:22 pm »

Successfully linked one of the smart lists (100 random songs) to a preset. However, when I try to link the "Smartlist Task - Missing files" to another preset MC freezes "not responding." The only way to get out is by killing MC in task manager. Other tasks, i.e. "No Images" can be linked OK.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug linking to Preset
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 01:14:23 pm »

I don't know how many files you have in your MC library, but this job... "Smartlist Task - Missing files" must check that every file is physically present on your drives, which could take a loong time.

MC is not responding because it's busy checking whether or not any of your files are missing. If you wait, it will finish... eventually.

Finally, just to clear up any confusion, could you elaborate on what you mean by "successfully linked"? It's possible there might be a more efficient way to get to your goal.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Re: Bug linking to Preset
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 01:46:29 pm »

I meant that I was able to link another smartlist to preset button #1. Just to clear up any confusion, I didn't even press the preset for the Find Missing Files task. I only right-clicked the preset button and chose to assign the task to button #2. So I guess it executes the preset as soon as it's linked to the button?
Pages: [1]   Go Up