INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to find Show Using "Get Movie & TV Info"  (Read 408 times)

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Unable to find Show Using "Get Movie & TV Info"
« on: August 16, 2021, 10:30:09 pm »

I looked up a show Secrets: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/24807-secrets using the "Get Movie & TV Info" function and got many results, but none of them were the show in question.

I also noticed when I search the TMDB web site directly, the show doesn't appear until near the bottom of the 2nd page of results.

Why is MC not finding the show?

If I manually enter "TheMovieDB Series  ID", MC will get the metadata.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unable to find Show Using "Get Movie & TV Info"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 01:19:52 am »

The show only showing up on page 2 on the websites search is probably the reason - its too far down in the result list. I'm not sure why the website doesn't prefer an exact name match, but thats up to their search, we can only give them the name we have, not influence how the search works.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 01:19:08 pm »

I looked up a show Secrets: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/24807-secrets using the "Get Movie & TV Info" function and got many results, but none of them were the show in question.

I also noticed when I search the TMDB web site directly, the show doesn't appear until near the bottom of the 2nd page of results.

Why is MC not finding the show?

If I manually enter "TheMovieDB Series  ID", MC will get the metadata.

I stopped using the built in "Get Movie & TV Info" some time ago in favor of MCUtils.  You will need to identify the TMdb TV ID first but a smart link will help (below).  MCUtils returns a lot more data than "Get Movie & TV Info" ever did, its fully customizable, will return the actors & guest stars pictures, series information, backdrops and season posters all from a single command line.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 02:47:49 pm »

The show only showing up on page 2 on the websites search is probably the reason - its too far down in the result list. I'm not sure why the website doesn't prefer an exact name match, but thats up to their search, we can only give them the name we have, not influence how the search works.
I understand MC is using the TMDB search results as presented, but since the functionality is broken in MC, shouldn't this be an opportunity to raise the issue with TMDB?

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 02:49:19 pm »

I stopped using the built in "Get Movie & TV Info" some time ago in favor of MCUtils.  You will need to identify the TMdb TV ID first but a smart link will help (below).  MCUtils returns a lot more data than "Get Movie & TV Info" ever did, its fully customizable, will return the actors & guest stars pictures, series information, backdrops and season posters all from a single command line.
Thanks for the tip @outlaw_audio!

I was not aware of MCUtils until now. I'll look into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up