INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Website Bug: MJ Skin section  (Read 1025 times)

nila

Website Bug: MJ Skin section
« on: March 31, 2003, 01:00:04 am »

Hiya :)
With the skin section of the website.
I did a search for 'Lower' and it says no results found when I know there is, somewhere hidden in there, there is the LowerLeft skin.
This isn't a problem as I know the name of it.

I'm trying to find the 'Upper?' skin though that ZRocker made. I'm not sure of it's exact name but know it says the word upper in it.

Could the search SQL be modified so that it searches for '%searchString%' instead of just 'searchString' so that it will return more results.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Website Bug: MJ Skin section
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 04:51:08 am »

Once you're on the skin site and have found the lowerleft skin, you can click on Z Rocker's name and it will bring you to a page that shows you all of the skins he's submitted.

Not that should be a replacement for a working search, though. :P

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 05:24:06 am »

UpperLeft was never really made generally available (ie, posted on MJ's skin website)...there didn't seem to be much interest for it so I never really bothered posting it.

nila

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 07:14:21 am »

Cant account for people not having any taste :)

Thanks for the link..

Bad news though, it doesn't work very well with MJ9 and Windows XP (not sure which is causing the problem).

Right now mine is having an identity crisis and is bouncing around becoming upperRight, LowerLeft, all kinds of things.
'Sang in Eminem voice:' I think my MJ's gone crazy.

lol. I'd post a screen shot to show you what I mean but there's no point as it's all over the place and changes every time I click anything. :(

Shame, I loved this skin, just forgot to save it upon my format last time.

Any plans to make it mj9 compatible?

Also - if you got free time and fancy working on it :)
You should make one skin that can bouce all over the place - Just call it:  Perfection and give it options to be: UpperLeft/Right  LowerLeft/Right, give options to swap whether the buttons are at the side and the display at the bottom or visa versa with the buttons at the bottom. etc :)

lol. I wish I was loaded, I'd hire you to make the ultimate skin and pay you stupid money so you couldn't refuse :)

Think I'm gonna have to stick to LowerRight for now.
If you plan to fix this one lemme know so I can get a copy when it's fixed.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 07:20:34 am »

At one point I thought his plan was to have one skin that could move to different corners. Not sure what happened to that. It would be kind of cool to have one that could do that, as well as your idea about which leg had the buttons on it, etc.

But why stop there? Why not make one that could sit flat on the sides, top & bottom as well?

I personally prefer LowerLeft, since it doesn't get in the way of the scrollbars the way LowerRight does.

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 08:33:47 am »

Nila,

Sorry...I don't use/like XP so I don't know whats going on.  They all work perfectly with Win2k Pro and MC9.

Stupid Q:
Did you install all the LowerLeft, LowerRight and UpperRight skins in their own sub-dir under MC's MiniSkins directory?  They can't share dirs or the state.xml file.

*All*,
Doing the ubigudous Lower/Upper skin that could be on any corner/side was impossible given the current MJ/MC skinning engine (technical difficulties too hard to explain here).  The best I could do was share the same main.js file between them all (sorry...even that feature was tricky).

nila

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 09:25:16 am »

Dont worry - their all in their own sub dir's.

I added it to the bug list in MJ9's latest build :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up