INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about # plays from an old post  (Read 284 times)

GaryG45

• Recent member
Question about # plays from an old post
« on: August 27, 2021, 09:50:19 am »

A couple of days ago I found the below post while trying to learn more about Categories views.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,78295.0.html

I followed the instructions given by MrC in reply 3, and everything worked fine except for # plays in the thumbnail text for the Album.  The first two lines are correct for every album I've looked at, but the third line doesn't calculate a value for # plays.  It displays as [# plays]...  I'm guessing # plays indicates the number of plays for the album.  I've searched for # plays and looked at a lot of MrC's posts, and I haven't found anything that describes it.

Because MrC didn't define # plays could it have been an old Library Field that has since been deleted or replaced by another field?  Thanks for any information you can provide.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question about # plays from an old post
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 10:14:08 am »

Try [Number Plays]

GaryG45

• Recent member
Re: Question about # plays from an old post
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 01:26:52 pm »

Yes, I noticed that when I went through the predefined library fields.  Because it is used for file plays I took that to mean tracks for audio.  I was under the impression MrC was using # plays in that post for number of times the selected album was played.  Because he is no longer active on the forum we'll probably never know what the field meant.

I think that it is difficult to determine how many times an album was played as you would have to know if all tracks from the album were played and how many times all were played.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll probably test it, and also wait to see if there are other replies.

Pages: [1]   Go Up