INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with slideshow, especially in Theater view  (Read 381 times)

Cinefan2000

Problems with slideshow, especially in Theater view
« on: August 30, 2021, 04:39:14 am »

Hello,

I'm using MC28 on my HTPC in my Home Theater with an Beamer. So I prefer the Theater view. I managed to set up playing movies, but have some problems showing images or playing slideshows.

I usually have a directory, containing all images of a holiday and the images have numbered filenames:

Example:

Directory: '2020_NewYork'
Files: 'ny-0001.jpg', 'ny-0002.jpg' etc.

I have the following problems:

- when in Theater mode, files within a selected directory seems to be always sorted by date, not by filename. If I modify some images (e.g. adding text), those are show first. How can I manage to order by filename?

- when starting a slideshow (5 sec. delay) and I press the space-bar to pause, sometimes the show still changes the images after the 5 seconds and than pauses, especially if you don't press the space bar immediately after an images is shown (e.g.  4s after the image change). This is very disturbing during a slideshow, if you like to pause a picture to talk about it and it skips to new next and you have to skip back.

- There seems to be only one transition mode, kind of pullback blend. Can you implement a simple blend please (maybe with a setting for transition time) or no transition in the slideshow at all ?

MC28 is fantastic for playing movies etc. The support for BluyRay menu is superb !!!

But the slideshow module seems to me a bit weak, missing some very basic functionality.

Regards

Marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with slideshow, especially in Theater view
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 06:42:34 am »

Under Options for Images, you can disable the transition.

Cinefan2000

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 07:19:11 am »

Thanks,

can you give my hint how to order images by filename in  theater view?

Regards

Marc

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 06:03:51 am »

Hi, I will add that there is some work needed on the slideshow function, which would increase its usefulness. Prioritized list:
  • Zoom/pan is a very good way to attract attention and give more punch. As it is now, it looks like two different size versions of the images are superimposed. Some times, the smaller version is changing size, some times both and some times the larger image behind. And sometimes, it works exactly as I would think is supposed to. Seems random.
  • Improved transition blending would be welcomed. Especially with Zoom/pan enabled, the transition is immediate. Blending is a bit better with pan/zoom disabled, but both at the same time should work!
  • Other transition methods would be highly appreciated (e.g. pixelation effects, fadeout/in....)
  • Edges/frames
  • Captions are really good, with the way to show metadata and build info strings. More customizable caption looks, placement. GPS location lookup fields (not the co-ordinates, but maybe down to country and area/city)
  • A way to auto-create multiple photos (with frames) at the same time, smart-layouts or pre-defined layouts

Pages: [1]   Go Up