INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback starts without sound and restarts at about 4 seconds of track  (Read 467 times)

Light Ahead

• Recent member

Hi y'all,

since I've faced problems with playback with MC27 I hoped to get the issue solved by updating to MC28. Didn't help. What's the issue?

It happens once in while that when starting playback (to any device or locally doesn't make any difference) there is no sound output and the track is restarted after about 4 seconds again and again and again endlessly. Restarting MC doesn't help.

Only solution is to restart the computer.

MC27 run without any problems for many months. This issue occured first time after I have moved to my new flat and the only change compared to my old setup is that I'm using a new router now.

Anyone here having an idea what's the reason for this behaviour?

Thanks a lot in advance for your support!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback starts without sound and restarts at about 4 seconds of track
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 11:27:34 pm »

Please describe your setup in detail.

Light Ahead

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 09:05:40 pm »

Sorry for asking back - but which details do you need? Computer, CPU, memory, Windows Version, soundcard, drivers? There are so many components defining a "setup" that it  would be helpful to know which parts of the "setup" you need to know.

Light Ahead

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 02:36:59 am »

It seems as if I've found a possible reason for the strange behaviour described above:

Since I've moved to the new flat I have a much better/faster infrastructure for having media server and streaming devices connected. Therefore I'm now using much more often streaming from MC to devices (all using Frontier Silicon's module; see also https://www.frontiersmart.com/undok). So it happened that once I wanted to stop listening to a stream I just turned off the device without stopping the stream beforehand.

Since I don't do that anymore (for some reason I've got the feeling that this might could have caused the problems) I didn't face this strange behaviour again.

Though this might be "a" solution I still think turning off the streaming device shouldn't result in this behaviour of MC hanging in an endless loop when starting playback a track. Maybe my experience can help to identify the reason for this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up