INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After Import Expression?  (Read 500 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
After Import Expression?
« on: August 31, 2021, 10:00:51 am »

I know you can set tags in the Auto Import settings, but would it be possible to get an After import expression (similar to the After playback expression) that could call SetTag at a global scope, regardless of how the file was imported into MC?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: After Import Expression?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 10:47:06 am »

It just occurred to me that I'd make great use of an After tag update expression, too.

For example, I have a custom Media Subtype field that I use to categorize my media in ways that Media Sub Type alone can't accommodate. Like, "Screenshot" or "Wallpaper" for instance. There is a lot of overlap between the two, however, such as "Movie" and "Photo". It would be great if I could set an After tag update expression to do something like

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), SetTag(Media Subtype, Movie),)

And I'm sure there are numerous other fields that I always set when others are set with certain values. Being able to set an expression like this could automate a lot of that sort of tagging work.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 10:44:01 am »

I proposed both of these here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124543.msg902979.html#msg902979

Hendrik has some comments on the AfterTagUpdate a few post down. The AfterImport should be simple though.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 10:58:09 am »

Ah, I'd lost track of that thread, thanks! I'll go throw my support in there for your idea as well!

I definitely saw the danger of the AfterTagUpdate expression, but I sorta view it as an ultra-advanced user feature and if you do something that breaks MC with it then it's on you to fix it. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I got too ambitious with expressions and crippled my entire library. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up