INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove unused keywords from list  (Read 545 times)

KMSV

• Recent member
Remove unused keywords from list
« on: July 26, 2021, 11:03:08 am »

Hi,

I have a few typos in my keywords that is now part of the list of keywords in my list of keywords for selection.  Is there a way I can remove these?

Thanks

BY96

• Recent member
Re: Remove unused keywords from list
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 08:45:34 pm »

Doesn't look like you got any replies. Did you ever figure it out? I would love to know if this is possible.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:06:45 pm »

My understanding is, that if a keyword is in your keywords list, it is being used, somewhere. If you find those files and fix the keywords entries for them, they will then be unused and disappear.

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 01:22:22 pm »

I had the same problem about 6 months ago.  I then sorted my media by keyword, found the keywords I wanted to delete, selected those keywords and then hit F2 and then  unchecked those keywords.  Once you have unchecked the bad keywords,  the keyword will not appear in your keyword list! 
I'm not good at giving instructions but hope this helps you! David N.

BY96

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 04:08:21 pm »

My understanding is, that if a keyword is in your keywords list, it is being used, somewhere. If you find those files and fix the keywords entries for them, they will then be unused and disappear.

Seems like you are right!! I had one keyword I wanted deleted (as it was actually an unintended duplicate), so I made sure it was removed from every movie and it is not gone from the list.

Thanks!

BY96

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 04:09:02 pm »

I had the same problem about 6 months ago.  I then sorted my media by keyword, found the keywords I wanted to delete, selected those keywords and then hit F2 and then  unchecked those keywords.  Once you have unchecked the bad keywords,  the keyword will not appear in your keyword list! 
I'm not good at giving instructions but hope this helps you! David N.

How did you sort by keywords? Do you mean you searched your media for the keywords?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 01:56:14 pm »

You can also just do a search for all files that have the unwanted keyword in them and then fix them all in bulk from there.

For example this one I just found in my library lol: [Keywords]=[Bryan Crantson]
Pages: [1]   Go Up