INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything is showing as 'New' in the EPG  (Read 1596 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Everything is showing as 'New' in the EPG
« on: September 17, 2021, 03:37:12 pm »

I have a Channels DVR subscription that allows me to access TVE feeds, and also allows me to use it as an IPTV source (and provides a guide).  I have it working fine, which is great now that Cox went DRM.

Channels DVR also has a way to bring in a XMLTV guide from a http source, which works fine as well, except everything is showing as new, so my subscriptions try to record all showings, even if they aren't new.  I have tested this on Emby as well, and it works fine.  I am relatively sure that other PVRs are using the Date tag to know if it is new or not.   

Below is an example of a program that is showing in JRiver as new, but shows in all other apps I tried as not new.  If you notice the Date tag, it shows the first aired date. 

Code: [Select]
<programme start="20210917140000 +0000" stop="20210917150000 +0000" channel="6053">
<title>NCIS: Los Angeles</title>
<sub-title>Murder of Crows</sub-title>
<desc>The team helps a former NCIS tech operator search for her missing ex-partner.</desc>
<category>Episode</category>
<category>Series</category>
<category>Crime drama</category>
<category>Action</category>
<category>Adventure</category>
<category>Mystery</category>
<icon src="https://tmsimg.fancybits.co/assets/p3561420_b_h9_bb.jpg?w=720&h=540"/>
<series-id system="tms">3561420</series-id>
<date>20200419</date>
<episode-num system="tms">EP011583610272</episode-num>
<episode-num system="onscreen">S11E21</episode-num>
<credits>
<director>Suzanne Saltz</director>
<actor>Chris O'Donnell</actor>
<actor>LL Cool J</actor>
<actor>Linda Hunt</actor>
</credits>
</programme>

If I look at an example of a program that should be marked new, the date in <programme start> and the date in <date> match. 

Is there a way to fix this?  I could of course use Channels DVR as the recording engine, but I prefer the power and flexibility of JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up