INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple (Or few?) questions regarding "Stacks"  (Read 285 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Couple (Or few?) questions regarding "Stacks"
« on: September 19, 2021, 03:19:37 am »

Just started looking 2 "Stacks" option and have a couple of questions.

1. If I Stack multiple songs from different albums (24 / 96, 24 / 192, DSD, MLP 5.1 for instance) is there an easy way to select a particular album version to add to a playlist?  Or do I have to expand all songs in order to select the album to play?

2. Is there a way to automatically get MC to play a particular version in a particular circumstance?  For instance if playing direct to receiver play the MLP 5.1 version.  If playing to DLNA or JRemote Play the Standard Stereo version? etc...

Thanks. Sure I will have more questions as I delve into Stacks but these are the main concern at the moment.

Carl

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Couple (Or few?) questions regarding "Stacks"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 06:14:44 am »

1. If I Stack multiple songs from different albums (24 / 96, 24 / 192, DSD, MLP 5.1 for instance) is there an easy way to select a particular album version to add to a playlist?  Or do I have to expand all songs in order to select the album to play?
You would need to expand the stacks first. Though, in my quick tests using image files, If you expand the stack, pop the stack files you want into your playlist, then collapse the stack, the files seem to play OK from the playlist without expanding the stack.

2. Is there a way to automatically get MC to play a particular version in a particular circumstance?  For instance if playing direct to receiver play the MLP 5.1 version.  If playing to DLNA or JRemote Play the Standard Stereo version? etc...
I think you would need to use zone switch for that. Again, the stack would need to be expanded beforehand

Thanks. Sure I will have more questions as I delve into Stacks but these are the main concern at the moment.

Carl
I pretty much only use stacks in my photo library, where they get pretty heavy usage, so I have some gaps when it comes to working with audio files in stacks. The anatomy of the stack will be the same however, so... Some info that might be helpful:

Here, I attempt to explain what is really happening when you start stacking files, then expand/collapse those stacks:
Re: are there tags or expressions functions to test stack membership?

More stacks confusion is discussed here. Read to the last post (there are only 6) where there are some details regarding real-world experience conflicting with the stacks page on the wiki:
[BUG] Rename, move & copy a stack (SOLVED)

If you buy into stacks in a big way, the day will surely come when you want to see all of your stacked files in a sigle view. The saved view attached to this post might serve as a decent jumping in point:
Anyone interested in a view for managing stacks?

Enjoy :)

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up