INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Requesting more menu commands  (Read 769 times)

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
Requesting more menu commands
« on: March 29, 2003, 07:34:00 am »

To allow better navigation, especially with remote controls I would like to request following commands to be directly accessible through the menu. Currently those command are only available by mouse click and require the person to use the mouse to navigate ... that is very hard if you are not sitting in front of the PC.

1) Toggle Display Plugin: None - Visualizations - Trackinfo - Images - etc.
Reasoning: I'd like to toggle between TrackInfo and Slidshow.

2) Apply Playback filters: Provide a way to apply a certain playback filter and also turn off playback filters.
Possible solution: Maybe MC could provide a way to direcly access any playlist (unique value or by name). IN that case a new command could be created to specify a command that would take a parameter:  Apply_Playback Filter  "Playlist name", Skip_Playback Filter  "Playlist name", and No_PlayBackFilter

Reasoning: I like to play a specific playlist and decide when playing if I want to apply some filter like play only rating 3 and higher.

3) Next/Previous Playlist: Bring back back Next/Previous Playlist as it used to be in MJ 8 ( I got to keep brining this one up  ::))
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Requesting more menu commands
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 09:25:21 am »

You might want to take a look at :

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/DevZone/CommandLine.html

and

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047347478

I don't think you can currently do all that you're asking, but there's quite a bit that's possible.

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 09:58:19 am »

Thanks. I have already looked through this list and also looked through the available commands at
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/tmp/MCCommands.h
which allows me to already do a lot ( a lot more than with the Girder plug in), but you get greedy once you start with it :-)

I have already put in place little tricks when ever possible, but those three requests are really not possible yet....

Has anyone else tried that before? Especially request 2) would be something I really would like to be able to do.
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 03:41:54 pm »

1) Toggle Display Plugin: None - Visualizations - Trackinfo - Images - etc.
Reasoning: I'd like to toggle between TrackInfo and Slidshow.

Let me look at my personal GML. I think I found a way to do this one a while ago, but I don't use it very much...

2) Apply Playback filters: Provide a way to apply a certain playback filter and also turn off playback filters.
Possible solution: Maybe MC could provide a way to direcly access any playlist (unique value or by name). IN that case a new command could be created to specify a command that would take a parameter:  Apply_Playback Filter  "Playlist name", Skip_Playback Filter  "Playlist name", and No_PlayBackFilter

Boy, if anyone figures this one out, I'd love to know about it. I can't remember how many hours I've spent trying to make this one happen. The "HidePopup" Girder plugin seems to be promising, but I can't get the Filter Menu to activate in the first place. It's been on my feature request list for a while. Maybe in 9.1 :)...

3) Next/Previous Playlist: Bring back back Next/Previous Playlist as it used to be in MJ 8 ( I got to keep brining this one up  ::))

This one has me stumped...

Good ideas!

Best,
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up